- An appreciation and understanding of the value of physical education and its relationship to a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- An interest in the promotion of health and wellness.
- The motivation to participate fully in all aspects of physical education.
- Their optimal level of physical fitness.
- Effective communication strategies, verbal, non-verbal and written.
- The skills and understanding necessary to participate successfully in a variety of physical activities, for example, learning, practising, refining, adapting, thinking, and interacting.
- The ability to reflect critically on all aspects of physical education, including being a critical performer.
- An understanding of international perspectives on physical activity, sport and health education.
- A lifelong interest in and enjoyment of physical activities as a participant.